Michael A. Mann
AREAS OF LAW
Commercial, Corporate, Estates, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Wills
Michael is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario, having received both his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree and his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree at Western. He was called to the Bar in 1995 and maintains his skills by attending continuing education programs offered by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
Michael has practised law in St. Catharines since 1995. Currently, he is a member of the corporate/commercial team at Lancaster, Brooks & Welch. In this capacity, Michael provides advice regarding the various methods of carrying on a business. He also assists in the incorporation and organization of companies and drafts security agreements, shareholder agreements, leases and other documents of a corporate or commercial nature for his clients.
Michael handles residential and commercial real estate transactions, including the preparation of deeds and mortgages. Estate Administration and Estate planning, including the drafting of wills and powers of attorney are also within Michael’s expertise.
Michael was admitted to the partnership at Lancaster, Brooks & Welch in November, 2000. In 2008, Michael received the Business Link’s 40 Under Forty Business Achievement Award, which is given to future leaders under the age of 40 who consistently make their mark in business and regularly contribute to their respective communities.
- Member – Law Society of Upper Canada (1995 – present)
- Member – Lincoln County Law Association (1995 – present)
- C.A.W./Unifor Legal Services Referral Lawyer
- Director and Cabinet Member – United Way, St. Catharines, & District (2002 – 2008) and Past Chair of the Board (2004 – 2005)
- United Way of St. Catharines & District: Planned Giving Committee Chair (2006 – present), Gift Planning Advisory Council Chair (2013 – present); Community Investment Panel (2012 to 2015)
- Director – Niagara College Foundation (2000 – 2009) and Chair of the Board (2005 – 2006)
- Director – Niagara Community Foundation (2015 to present)
- St. Catharines Business Enterprise Centre Summer Company Program – Mentor (2007 – 2014)
- Director – Small Business Club Niagara (2007 – 2012) and Chair of the Board (2011-2012)
- Member – Business Network International (1998 – 2004)
- Director – Victorian Order of Nurses Niagara (2000 – 2002)
- St. Catharines and Thorold Chamber of Commerce Bonspiel Committee (2007 – 2009)
- Session Member and Trustee – Presbyterian Church of Canada (1995 – present)
- Pelham Minor Baseball Association – Coach (2004-2009) and Umpire (2010 – present)
- Niagara Falls Curling Club – Junior Curling Coach (2003 – 2016)
- Director – Fonthill Platform Tennis Club (2012 to present) and President (2015 to present)